Thursday, January 3, 2013

So Busy

Wow so I just realized it has been SOOOOO long since I have blogged. Please forgive me it has been a little crazy hectic around our house with Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas.

I guess the best thing to do is for me to recap our lives the last month (This may bore you, sorry!)

Thankgsiving was GREAT!!! We went to my Aunt's house and had Thankgsiving with my Mom, Brother, and my Aunt's Family. We had a great time but missed some other people (Like my stubborn Dad who refused to drive to Little Rock)  As most of you know I am a BLACK FRIDAY ADDICT!! I live for Black Friday when the time gets close. This year my Mom and Aunt decided they weren't doing the all night shopping so I talked my sister into going. We had a BLAST and got some really great deals!

Once the whirlwind of Thankgsiving was over it was time to gear up for my little man's birthday party! We had a blast!!! He had a race theme party & everything revolved around "racing". We had sack races, 3 legged races, obstacle courses, race car hot dogs, and of course cupcakes!!! I think he really enjoyed it but man can't believe my little buddy is already 6!!!

Then comes CHRISTmas!! Things were quite a bit different in the Miller house this year. We had CHRISTmas with our families the weekend before CHRISTmas this year! The kids had a great time with their cousins & all their family. We are so grateful to Bobby & Dasa who opened their home to 3 wild and crazy kids & their parents. We got to visit with family and some friends we don't see very often which was really nice. We drove around White Hall and attempted to look at lights. Things are so different than they were when I was a kid. I remember driving around for HOURS looking at lights. This year we had a really hard time finding any at all.  We drove back to Marion on CHRISTmas Eve and got ready for Santa to visit. I must say Santa did an awesome job with putting toys together this year!!!  I don't know what I would have done without all his help! We started new traditions this year. It was just the 5 of us this year so we started on CHRISTmas Eve with baking cookies, opening new pjs, and reading the CHRISTmas story straight out of the Bible. Isn't amazing how much a tiny baby changes everything? I am so grateful that God sent that tiny baby to cover our sins!! 1 day in the future we will celebrate this baby's birth in a way no one on Earth can even begin to imagine!!! CHRISTmas day the kids were so super excited to see what Santa had brought them. We spend the day opening boxes, hearing squeels of excitment, and of course OCD Mommy cleaned the mess up way before lunch!  I started feeling really yuck CHRISTmas afternoon and my wonderful baby Daddy picked up the slack. He fried a turkey, cooked a ham, green bean casserole, and hashbrown casserole. It was WONDERFUL!!! We didn't get to do our normal "day after Christmas" shopping thanks to a horrendous bug that made its way to me. So that brings us to the next blog....


Reading CHRISTmas Story from Bible

Santa Came!

Sweet Babies & their cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment